Trump administration suspends multiple Princeton research grants amid antisemitism investigation

The Ivy League school's president did not specify how much money had been impacted, but the administration has pulled $400 million in federal funding for Columbia University.

Published: April 1, 2025 6:43pm

Updated: April 2, 2025 2:01am

Princeton University President Christopher Eisgruber on Tuesday announced the Trump administration has suspended multiple research grants, which comes as the administration investigates alleged antisemitism at the school.

The administration is currently investigating multiple schools that had antisemitic protests on their campuses last year, and has already pulled federal funding from Columbia University, which served as the epicenter of the protests.

Eisgruber told students and faculty at the university that dozens of contracts for research grants between the school and the Defense Department, Department of Energy, and NASA have been suspended, according to The Hill.

“The full rationale for this action is not yet clear, but I want to be clear about the principles that will guide our response,” Eisgruber said. “Princeton University will comply with the law. We are committed to fighting antisemitism and all forms of discrimination, and we will cooperate with the government in combating antisemitism. Princeton will also vigorously defend academic freedom and the due process rights of this University."

The Ivy League school's president did not specify how much money had been impacted, but the administration has pulled $400 million in federal funding for Columbia University. 

Misty Severi is a news reporter for Just The News. You can follow her on X for more coverage.

The Facts Inside Our Reporter's Notebook

Just the News Spotlight

Support Just the News